Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Senator Miguel Zubiri resigned from senate

Breaking News! Senator Miguel Zubiri resgined from senate

In a privilege speech, Zubiri said he resigned because of "unfounded accusations" against him, which has deeply hurt his family.

"I am resigning because of these unfounded accusations against me and these issues has systematically divided our nation and has cast doubts in our electoral system which has affected not only myself, this Institution but the public as well," Zubiri said.
"And as a legislator, who is being referred to in the Senate as “Your Honor”, I believe that my honor is something that should never be subject to taint," he added.

"I will leave the Senate with my head held up high, knowing that despite all endeavors that came my way, I was able to survive and perform, and I did so with the support of those who believed in me and my advocacies," he added.




Post a Comment

is loading comments...

iNetDiary Released 2009. All Rights Reserved